Getting an appointment at our clinic
The Independent Clinical Division of Paediatric Anaesthesiology was established at the Institute of Mother and Child in 1963 and was modelled on a few independent centres of paediatric anaesthesia in several European countries. It was the first unit of this type in Poland. In 1981, the Division opened the Intensive Paediatric Care Unit. In its current organisational shape, the Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Clinic has existed since 1992. Professor Zdzis?aw Rondio, the founder and head of the division and then the Clinic for many years, was among the forerunners of paediatric anaesthesia in Poland.
- Krzysztof Budzyński, MD
- Jacek Guzewicz, MD
- Cezary Jachimczak, MD
- Ewa Jusiak, MD
- Elżbieta Konopka, MD
- Adam Kurczab, MD
- Grażyna Nowicka, MD
- Jan Szpor, MD
- Iwona Walczak -Wojtkowska, MD
- Joanna Wichrowska, MD
- Agnieszka Wisławska -Gipsiak, MD
Intensive Care Unit
The Intensive Care Unit provides hospitalisation for the most severely ill patients as well as newborns, infants and older children admitted from other hospitals. Annually, the unit provides care for about 120 patients in need of a respirator, intensive monitoring and treatment. The clinic also offers specialised internships in the field of intensive paediatric care.
Our anaesthesia team administers anaesthesia in patients who undergo surgeries in two operating units: paediatrics as well as obstetrics and gynaecology. The following groups of patients require the most complex types of anaesthesia:
- premature babies with extremely low birth weight who are administered general and regional anaesthesia and central injections,
- children with congenital malformations, including craniofacial defects and problems with endotracheal intubation,
- patients with scoliosis, including muscular dystrophies and congenital meningo-core hernia.
We also perform anaesthesia for diagnostic tests such as magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, gastroscopy, bronchoscopy and others.
Annually, there are approx. 4,500 anaesthesia procedures carried out at the IMC, including approx. 2,000 in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. At the maternity ward, our anaesthesiology team administers epidurals for women in labour.
- Intensive Therapy Clinic,
- Anaesthesiology Team at the Independent Paediatric Operating Unit,
- Anaesthesiology Team at the Gynaecology and Obstetrics Clinic.
- Klinika Intensywnej Terapii
- Zespół Anestezjologiczny przy Samodzielnym Pediatrycznym Bloku Operacyjnym
- Zespół Anestezjologiczny przy Klinice Położnictwa i Ginekologii
|Head of Clinic
Joanna Stankiewicz, MD
22 32 77 166
22 32 77 193
22 32 77 209
|Coordinating Nurse in Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinic
mgr Irena Kulicka
22 32 77 019