The Nutrition Department is involved in developing nutrition policy on food safety and nutrition of infants, children, adolescents and women during pregnancy and lactation.
- conducts scientific research in the area of physiological foundations of nutrition and eating disorders in children and adolescents, including insufficient body weight and simple obesity;
- offers services in the field of medical and nutritional counselling as well as diet counselling;
- carries out assessment and issues opinions on foodstuffs, including foodstuffs for special nutritional and medical uses, as well as water intended for infants and young children;
- engages in educational activities in the field of medical issues, nutrition and diet.
The Diet Laboratory:
- develops nutrition guidelines for healthy children and children in various health conditions,
- offers routine inspection of nutrition provided to children, pregnant and lactating women who are under the care of the IMC clinics,
- engages in educational activities and training (student internships).
- issues opinions and assessment of foodstuffs, including product for special nutritional and medical needs, as well as water,
- develops lists of ingredients and standards for foodstuffs for special medical and nutritional uses,
- provides consultations on the area of assessment of food and nutrition on the current market for foods intended for infants and young children.
|Head of Department
Associate Professor Halina Weker, MD, Ph.D.
22 32 77 234
Lipsk Building, 3rd Floor